Brendan Lafferty is a true performer, having earned the respect of his industry peers and the accolades of his clients for more than 20 years.
A lifelong Massachusetts resident (born in Taunton, where he now resides), Brendan always knew that being a DJ and pianist was exactly what he wanted to do. While his friends were playing with action figures and collecting baseball cards, Brendan was listening to the radio, buying lots of records, and reading music magazines from cover to cover.
His first official DJ “gig” happened in September of 1986, playing the hits at his own school dances. Word about his talents spread, and he was soon being asked to entertain at private parties and other local events. Six years later, after finishing high school, Brendan began perfecting his skills through work at local roller rinks and on the radio at New Bedford’s Fun 107 and Providence’s Kix 106. Brendan left radio in early 2000 to focus his talents exclusively on his mobile DJ business. Now, he entertains at more than 60 celebrations each year. He still listens to the radio, buys every song that hits the charts, and follows the news of the music industry each and every day.
Lifelong Experience = Better Events
As a trained musician, Brendan Lafferty can immediately identify the tempo and pitch of any song he hears. This means that the musical transitions at your event simply sound better. Next, Brendan has devoted thousands of hours to perfecting his music mixing skills, and he’s spent even more time studying how audiences react to the songs that he plays. He knows exactly what songs “work” for every type of celebration, and he knows how to create energy on the dancefloor. Third, he truly cares about the success of your event. With his positive attitude and approachable demeanor, you can be confident that Brendan will deliver a fun and tasteful presentation to your events, every time.
- 1986: At age 13, Brendan establishes his first DJ company, “Pulsations”.
- 1990: Brendan starts working at a local record store, taking note of what customers are buying.
- 1991: The first “on-air” DJ shift – WRPS, Rockland MA
- 1993: Brendan starts an internship at WFHN/New Bedford – “Fun 107″, and is given a weekend on-air position. He then re-establishes his DJ company as “Brendan Lafferty’s Music By Request”.
- 1994: Brendan brings his talents to Fairhaven’s Carousel Family Fun Center, providing the music 4 days each week.
- 1995: Brendan becomes Production Director at Fun 107 and a weekday airshift.
- 1996: Brendan takes on additional radio work at WWKX/Providence – “Kix 106″ (now “Hot 106″) and repositions his DJ company as “On The Radio Pro DJs” to emphasize his on-air experience.
- 1997: Brendan takes his talents to local nightclubs, spinning at well-known dance clubs including Smugglers/Billy Woods Wharf, NB Juke Box (New Bedford MA), and Fish Company (Providence RI).
- 1998: Brendan attends his first national DJ conference in Las Vegas, NV.
- 1999: Featured in Mobile Beat Magazine: “On The Road & On The Air”
- 2000: Brendan exits the radio business to focus exclusively on his mobile DJ work,.
- 2001: Brendan renames his DJ company “B-Sharp Entertainment”.
- 2007: Featured in DJ Times Magazine’s “Mobile Profiles”.
- 2009: B-Sharp Entertainment receives its first WeddingWire Bride’s Choice Award
- 2011: B-Sharp is chosen by TheKnot.com as a “Best Of Weddings” Pick